Gallery of Images
The Chapel's 'Hollis Room' named after Thomas Hollis, Merchant, of London, who also built the 'Hollis Hospital'.
Upper Chapel's 'Channing Hall' on Surrey street. Of Italianate design, the Architects were Flockton and Gibbs and it was completed in 1882.
The Gallery in Upper Chapel. Added when the roof was raised (1847-48) the interior reconstructed and the Chapel was 'turned around' to face across Alsopp Fields when Fargate was becoming built-up.
'To What Purpose Is This Waste' One on nine ground floor windows by the renowned artist Henry Holiday (1839-1927) installed in 1919/20 in memory of William and Eliza Jane Murfin.
The pipes of Upper Chapel's 3 manual Wadsworth-Keats organ, one of the finest organs in the City. Console is beneath the raised (Gallery) pulpit.
The 'Liberty' window, gallery level, to the left of the organ. The 'Truth' window sits on the opposite side.
'The Pool of Bethesda' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1899 in memory of Wilfred and Eliza Wostenholm.
One of a number of tablets and memorials to past Members, Trustees and Benefactors of Upper Chapel, linked with Sheffield's great past.
A view from the Gallery showing the raised pulpit (no longer used) and the Chancel Platform from where Services are conducted and concerts performed.
'Truth' Window gallery level, to the right of the organ. The 'Liberty' window sits on the opposite side.
'I Was a Stranger' by Henry Holiday. Installed as a memorial to the ladies of Upper Chapel who made and supplied 8000 garments for the Troops in the 1914-18 War and who had arranged accommodation for Belgian and French refugees.
Chancel Platform with Grand Piano to the left and 'Truth' and 'Liberty' windows either side of the organ pipes. The Chapel has excellent acoustics.
The Hollis Room, for Congregational use. Named after Thomas Hollis (1634-1718) Merchant and Benefactor.
'The Christ in The Temple' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1899 in memory of Alfred and Susannah Becket.
Illuminated dedication to Albert Hartley, much loved member of Upper Chapel and formerly, Unity Church, Crookesmoor.
'Greater Love Hath No Man' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1919/20 as a memorial to the 16 men of Upper Chapel and School who laid down their lives in the Great War.
Rev. James Fisher, who was ejected from Sheffield Parish Church (now Sheffield Anglican Cathedral) in 1662, for refusing to sign the (4th) Act of Uniformity.
'Feeding The Multitudes' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1899 in memory of William Edward and Jane Caroline Laycock.
The Gallery. Installed when the roof was raised in 1847. the alterations, by John Frith, were completed in 1848.
'The Woman of Samaria' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1899 in memory of Robert Thomas Eadon and Robert and Elizabeth Renton.
'Well Done Good and Faithful Servant' by Henry Holiday. Installed in 1919/20 in memory of 2nd Lieutenant Hubert E. Beckett, one of the 16 men who laid down their life in the Great War.