The Chapel’s Channing Hall, located in Surrey Street, is named after the 19th Century American Unitarian Minister Dr William Ellery Channing. The hall was designed by Flockton and Gibbs, and the interior is in the Italianate style. The hall was built in 1881 for ‘religious, educational and social purposes.’
Channing Hall sits below a row of commercial properties owned and leased by the Chapel. It has a separate entrance on Surrey Street in the city centre of Sheffield, and looks across to the side of the Town Hall. Surrey Street is the main walking route from the city centre to the Cultural Quarter and the railway station.
Located on the second floor, this historic room measures 17 metre x 10 metres and can accommodate up to 120 people. It has a Denon sound system with 4 large speakers, a separate microphone socket at the top end of the hall and a wireless microphone. There is also a lift from the ground floor and tables and chairs can be arranged as required. Wi-fi is available throughout the building.
Channing Hall may be booked commercially by arrangement with the Chapel staff.