Location & Directions
The Chapel is in the heart of the city on Norfolk Street, close to the Town Hall, the Winter Gardens, the Millenium and Graves Art Galleries, and both the Crucible and Lyceum theatres. Channing Hall is situated on 45 Surrey Steet adjacent to the Town Hall.
Directions from Park Square Roundabout (Sheffield Parkway/M1)
- Head north on Park Square Roundabout toward Exchange Pl (0.3 mi)
- Exit the roundabout onto Commercial St (0.1 mi)
- Continue onto High St (315 ft)
- Continue onto Arundel Gate (423 ft)
- Turn right onto Norfolk St (0.1 mi)
- Upper Chapel on your right (black railings and arch way) Chapel is set back from other buildings
Please note that the above route, going via the Park Square roundabout, is the only meaningful road approach to the Chapel for most car travellers. Until early in 2023 it had been possible to turn left into Norfolk Street after travelling along Arundel Gate in a northerly/easterly direction. However that has become impossible due to a new 'bus gate' and if attempted would lead to a fine.